With the Royal Wedding coming up on Friday, I thought I'd share a recipe I found for Scones, perfect to have for breakfast while watching (if you are going to get up at 4:00 AM). This recipe is from Colin Cowie's mother (party planner to the stars).
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Into a medium bowl, sift the flour. Stir in the baking powder, mustard powder, and salt. Stir in the Cheddar cheese.
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg and milk. Mix with the flour mixture and knead for 1 minute until soft.
4. On a floured working surface, pat out the scone mixture into a thickness of 1". Stamp out 2-inch rounds or triangles and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Do not open the oven while baking.
6. Serve warm with butter, jam, or Devonshire cream
He made this on Nate Berkus show today and I love how these are so tall due to the self-rising flour and baking powder.