Saturday, October 22, 2011

Working with New Ancestry.com records

I spent a lot of time today working with the new databases that Ancestry.com just released.  Unfortunately, I don't have much to show for it.  The birth records for Ohio are very spotty.  The original records are posted so it is not clear where the information came from exactly.  For example, I found a record for Selma Brueggeman's birth.  It is just an index record referencing the Family History Library in Salt Lake.  There was a record for a M.D. Brueggeman.  The dates and place on the index match to Selma's sister, Linda Dorthea.    


I guess the lesson is that these records aren't complete.  I searched for all the Riley boys, my mother and her siblings, and myself and not one name had a record.


So instead of an interesting post full of information, I'll post a picture:
Selma in front, Lydia and Linda in the back
Unknown in the middle
Date Unknown but I would guess 1917-1919

No comments:

Post a Comment