Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Celebration of the 75th Brueggemann Reunion 1998"

This year will mark the 88th Anniversary of the Brueggemann Family Reunion.  I thought that seemed like a very long time to be having a reunion but not as long as the Siler Family in North Carolina. Descendants of Weimar and Margaret Rafferty Siler had their first "Family Meeting" in the Franklin NC on January 1, 1853.  It is believed to be one of the oldest continuing family reunions in the United States.
Here is the agenda of the Family Meeting held August 31, 1924 at South Euclid, Ohio.  I had no idea that there would have been such a formal agenda.
(Did you notice, no women included to speak)
I was sent a book that was created in 1998 (by David Reinhardt) to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Reunions.  It has lots of pictures and recipes.  I have to get it copied and return the original to David.  If any of my readers want a copy, I will be happy to send one to you.  Just send me an email.   Also, does any one know who put this together?  







No comments:

Post a Comment