Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11/2001



It seems only appropriate today to remember the awful day ten years ago.  It certainly was one of those events that you will always remember where you were and one that defines a generation.  I think it is important that your thoughts and feelings on what happened on that horrible day ten years ago are shared and remembered.


It occurred to me that my youngest son (who was 11) probably doesn't really remember us not being at war.  


My "story" is that Judy, Ray and I were in Charleston, SC at our annual managers' meeting.  We were in large meeting room cut off from the media.  I noticed that Ray and two other employees left the room and didn't come back.  I was kind of annoyed that they weren't staying in the meeting.  After a while, I went out and checked to see if something was wrong and found out what had happened.  I didn't see the buildings fall, only the aftermath.


Our New York buyers were with us. I don't know if they would have rather been in the city or with us in SC.  They had a heck of a time getting home.  After a day or so, they found a rental car to get home.


Anyway, remember today.

No comments:

Post a Comment