Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Nancy Bowen Lacke Matis

Nancy is the daughter of Mary Jane Riley Lacke and grand daughter of Thomas Percy Riley.  Sorry Nancy, but this is the only picture I have of you, taken at your cousin Robin Riley's wedding in 1980.
She is married to Jeffery Matis and they have two children.  They live in Godfrey, IL just down the street from her parents.
After googling her, I found this from March 2011:

Nancy Matis from Alton/Godfrey was awarded the Appreciation Pin which recognizes an adult member who has
delivered outstanding service to at least one Service Unit.
- Girl Scout Volunteer for over 30 years
How has Girl Scouting positively impacted your life? “I’m still in it. I was my troop’s treasurer forever. 
Now I’m my Service Unit’s Cookie Manager. I have the utmost respect and admiration for Troop Leaders. 

leader was exceptional, and most of today’s leaders are the same.”



Nancy and her parents belong to the First Presbyterian Church in Alton IL. She is currently the Treasurer.  It is amazing the journey the search for infomation can take you.  This church was founded in 1831 and here is an interesting video about their history.

No comments:

Post a Comment