Friday, February 3, 2012

Trip to Ohio

I just returned from a visit to Granville, OH.  Mom, Judy and I were visiting Judy Ingram (Mom's sister).  It was a great visit and I was able to scan documents and photos from my Mother's family.  There were the normal things you'd expect but there were a couple of unusual items.  It made me think that future generations would find some things we don't normally think of keeping.
I wonder why my Grandfather kept the hospital bill from 1948 when his father was hospitalized before his death.  I thought it was interesting to see the costs.  His room cost $11 a day.  I wonder if future generations would think our hospital bills of today would be interesting.


Think about what would be interesting to save:  Hospital Bills from the birth of a child?  The settlement statement when a home is purchased?  A copy of your resume?   I think every day items are interesting.  Mark recently received his Social Security Earnings statement.  It was fun to see how much money at his first job when he was 15 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment