Saturday, January 28, 2012

Another Prayer Request...

I am late in posting this from Rev. Fred Reinhardt (son of David Reinhardt):

Hello everyone, 
I just wanted to let you know that I was mugged last night, Dec. 27th, at 8:30 p.m. while walking home from downtown with a backpack and a bag of groceries!  As you know, it is the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, and all the university students who are normally also walking around my area at that time are not here!  So, it was too calm - and dangerous - as I learned the hard way, for me to have been walking home, even at that normally very safe hour! 
Four men walked up behind me, surprising me.  Two or three of them held me, one tried to get my wallet out of my back pocket, another holding a "coupe-coupe" (machete) hit me on the left side of the head.  The cut actually turned out not to be too deep, but it was bleeding as if it were!  (head wound - go figure!) 
I was saved by an approaching man who had just gotten off work from a nearby hotel or "club" (?), next to the St. Paul Catholic University Chapel (I didn't even know that such a club was THERE!).  He immediately saw what was going on, and said something to them which scared them away.  God was with me in the person of this "Good Samaritan!"
My Good Samaritan took me to the hotel to await a taxi and to get paper towel compresses for my wound, and some "first aid" - some alcohol on cotton to clean the wound.  I was taken to the 24-hr Nairobi Outpatient Center right downtown, and they gave me good care, cleaning and dressing the wound and suturing it up (after having to shave the area!).  They prescribed and sold to me some antibiotics and something for pain relief, when the local anesthetic would wear off. 
I got a good night's sleep last night, so am out and about with my "funny white hat" today! 
Your prayers for continued safety and security, and for quick healing are much appreciated!  Thanks. 
Rev. Fred REINHARDT
Area Facilitator for French-speaking Central and East Africa
Nairobi, Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment